The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) of Kenya requires teachers to get a TSC number before they are allowed to teach in both public and private schools. Here is a guide on how to apply for the TSC number to ensure that you are in full compliance.
TSC Number Online Registration Requirements
When applying for a TSC number there are some crucial documents that will be required;
- National Identity Card
- KRA pin
- Original copies of academic and professional certificates
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Bank Slip for non-refundable registration fee (Kshs 1055 and 2055 for duplicate certificate) deposited to the TSC Registration Accounts at National Bank of Kenya Direct Banking Account No. 01001005707400
- One passport-size photograph
- GP69 form
- Work permits for foreigners
Equipped with the above documents you will then need to make scanned copies to apply online as TSC does not have hard copies anymore. You can then start the registration process by visiting the online registration portal.
Usually, it does not take more than a month after your application to get your TSC number. To check if your TSC number download is ready you can check the application status. Here’s a guide on how to check your TSC number status.
Remember that registration is one of the TSC requirements for secondary teachers, primary teachers, and the lower levels teachers as well and thus ought to be complied with. Following the above guide on how to apply for a TSC number should make it simpler for you.
How To Check Tsc Registration Status
As a Kenyan teacher, registering for that TSC number is the right step if you are looking to advance in your career. But how do you check the progress of your application?
The following guide on how to check TSC online registration status should help you know how long it is before you get your registration certificate.
To check TSC online registration status, you need to:
- Visit the TSC website using the address: tsc.go.ke
- Go to the TSC online services portal
- Click on ‘Registration Status’ (or go straight to this URL http://www.teachersonline.go.ke/)
- Then enter the I.D. number or passport number and click on ‘Go.’
As one of the ways of streamlining the education sector in the country, you now need to be registered by TSC if you want to work as a teacher.
The whole registration process may seem daunting, but it really shouldn’t be. Once you apply you can easily monitor your TSC Kenya online registration status.
All you need is a phone or computer, plus an internet connection to check the TSC online system registration status from the convenience of your home or office.
Follow the above steps on how to check your TSC online registration status to know where you stand with your registration certificate.