This is a straightforward instruction on how to apply for Kenya’s new digital number plates. The license plates went live on August 30, 2022. The previous license plates must be replaced by new ones by all drivers.
Security elements added to the new digital number plates will help to prevent fraud situations including auto theft, log book fraud, and terrorism. A QR code, NTSA serial number (connected to the car’s chassis number), a hologram, a microchip, and the Kenyan flag are among these features.
New Digital Number Plate Replacement Fees
Motor vehicles: Ksh 3,000
Motorcycles: Ksh 1,500
How To Apply For The New NTSA Digital Number Plates In Kenya
- Log in to https://timsvirl.ntsa.go.ke
- Click on Vehicle Registration
- Select Reflective No. Plate
- Click Apply for Reflective No. Plate
- Select the reason for applying for the Reflective plate i.e new generation plates.
- Choose the type of number plate
- Attach a scanned copy of the vehicle’s original logbook and an image of the number plates in pdf.
- Select the number plate collection center.
- NTSA will alert you via SMS or Email when the number plate is ready for collection.
Headquarters: 316 Upper Hill Chambers, Along 2nd Ngong Avenue, Nairobi.
Contact: 0709 932 000, 020 663 2000.
Email: [email protected].