Requirements for NSSF Card application
- Before you commence your NSSF card application process, you need to ensure that you have the following documents;
- Kenyan National Identity Card or valid passport
- Your employer appointment letter. This case applies to all employed persons.
- Employer’s name and NSSF number
- A valid copy of your Kenya revenue authority (KRA) PIN
NSSF membership Card Application Procedure
Once you have met the above requirements for an NSSF card application, proceed to the next stage. The offline registration process is as follows:
- First, visit any NSSF office branch in your locality or Huduma center. Once there, approach an NSSF officer. They will give you a form to fill out.
- Fill in all the necessary details honestly and without any errors
- Attach all your documents once done. It is advisable to use certified copies whenever possible
- Return the form with the attached documents to the NSSF officer
- They will take the complete prints of your fingers for both hands
- Later, you will be issued an NSSF membership card at the same station.
The voluntary (self-employed) NSSF member and the employed member can apply for their NSSF number in Kenya online.
READ ON: HOW TO CHECK MY NSSF NUMBER VIA SMS
Note that you must have all the requirements as explained above. The documents help with easy card processing.
- Once you have all the documents with you, apply as follows:
- Visit the NSSF official web page.
- Click on the NSSF: Members section.
- Choose accordingly, depending on your employment status.
- Alternatively, you can download the NSSF card forms from the website, fill them out, and submit them at your nearest NSSF branch.