Kenya Air Force structure
The Kenyan Air Force was founded 56 years ago on 1 June 1964, immediately after independence, with the assistance of the United Kingdom, it is the national aerial warfare service branch of the Republic of Kenya.
The KAF has 152 aircraft, and the Commander of the Air Force is Major General Francis Ogolla.
Kenyan Air Force headquarters is in Moi Air Base in Eastleigh, Nairobi, while it operates it’s aircrafts chiefly from Laikipia Air Base in Nanyuki. Other bases includes Forward Operating Base (FOB) Mombasa ( Moi International Airport ), FOB Mandera, FOB Wajir & FOB Nyeri for helicopter and utility aircraft operate.
Kenyan Air Force ranks
Kenya Air forces ranks are divided into two divisions the Officers And Airmen Officers depending on roles played. Outlined below in descending order is the Kenya Air Force ranks:
Kenyan Air Force Commissioned Officers rank
- Air Marshall
- Air Vice Marshall
- Air Commodore
- Group Captain
- Wing Commander
- Squadron Leader
- Flight Lieutenant
- Flying Officer
- Pilot Officer
Kenyan Air Force Airmen ranks
- Warrant Officer Class I
- Warrant Officer Class II
- Flight Sergeant
- Leading Aircraftman I
- Leading Aircraftman II
Kenya Air Force salaries
Listed below is the latest information on the Kenya Air Force salary scales for all the ranks.
The salaries for the Kenyan Air Force officers are reviewed every four years by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission of Kenya. According to the proposed 2017 salary structure.
The salary of the Chief of Defence Forces is Ksh 840,000 with Ksh 336,000 allowances all totaling to Ksh 1,120,000.
- The salary of the Air Vice-Marshal of the Kenyan Air Force is Ksh 695,625 with Ksh 278,250 allowances all totaling Ksh 927,500.
- The salary of the Air Commodore of the Kenya Air force gets is Ksh 906,014
- The salary a Wing Commander in the Kenyan Air Force is Sh153,317.
- The salary for a Squadron Leader in the Kenyan Air Force KSh 130,735.
- The salary for a Flight Lieutenant in the Kenyan Air Force is KSh 102,106.
- The salary for a Flying Officer in the Kenyan Air Force is Sh 73,182.
- The salary for a Corporal in the Kenyan Air Force is KSh 32,250.
- The salary for a Leading Aircraftman II in the Kenyan Air Force is KSh 26,509.
- The salary for a Leading Aircraftman in the Kenyan Air Force is KSh 19,941.