Harambee Stars Defender Explains How He Used His 2019 AFCON Bonus

Harambee Stars Defender Explains How He Used His 2019 AFCON Bonus 1

KCB defender Dennis Odhiambo has confirmed that members of the men’s national soccer team, Harambee Stars, actually received their bonuses emanating from the 2019 Afcon campaign.

Odhiambo spoke on Saturday morning while fielding questions from Radio Jambo host Fred Arocho who inquired from him if members of the team that represented Kenya in the 2019 Afcon in Egypt had already been sorted out.

Odhiambo said they received some cash and he used his share to put up a modern house which had stalled for the period he couldn’t raise enough funds.

“We actually received bonuses which I personally invested in a couple of projects. I used part of it to finish a house that I had started building but stalled,” he said.

He is the third player after Farouk Shikalo and Francis Kahata to give FKF a clean bill of health after the federation came under censure and close scrutiny amidst allegations that it failed to deliver a government promise to give the team a Sh45 million reward if they beat Tanzania to progress through.

FKF president has since responded to the accusations, saying that the local media quoted captain Victor Wanyama out of context when they said he had confirmed that the players did not receive their bonuses.

“All Victor said was that the federation entered into negotiations with the players on how to split the money. On this I can confirm he is right. We requested to have part of the money we received from government channelled towards administrative costs. I don’t recall Victor saying that they never received money,” said Mwendwa.

Facebook Comments

ANOTHER GREAT ARTICLE:  A Tiger at Bronx Zoo Tests Positive for COVID-19; The Tiger and Other Cats Are Doing Well at This Time

You Missed This...