The richest and highest-paid Journalist in Kenya in 2022 right now is Jeff Koinange. Despite the rumors and news doing rounds on the internet about the millions Kenya journalists earn, that’s not the case.
Journalists, especially Radio presenters have taken the Kenyan entertainment industry to another higher level with their capability of tackling intriguing topics, most people can’t wait for their favorite presenters in various shows on different radio stations every day.
The Richest and Highest-paid Journalist in Kenya
Popular Classic 105 radio presenter Maina Kageni is among the highest-paid presenters, he hosts breakfast show at classic 105 alongside Churchill, the renowned presenter goes home with an estimate of Ksh.1.5 to Ksh.1.8 million in every month, the guy began his journey as a truck driver at the UK and thereafter he ventured into automobile export industry business
Daniel Ndambuki professionally known as Churchill is a Kenyan radio presenter and founder of Churchill comic show in Kenya, 7 figure salary is what Churchill takes home every month, closely 1.2 million salaries allows him to live a flamboyant lifestyle
Joseph Ogidi Opiyo well-known as Gidi is a radio Jambo presenter, he has gained fame due to splendid show dubbed “Patanisho”, he works alongside Jacob Ghost Mulee, did you know that this megastar was featured in a hit song dubbed “Unbwogable” this guy stands at a salary of more than Ksh.600,000
Willy M. Tuva
Willy Tuva is among the highest-paid radio presenters in the country, he hosts the “Mambo Mseto” show on citizen radio in the afternoons, his monthly salary goes up to approximately 800,000 Kenyan shillings
Daniel Githinji popularly known as Mbusi is a celebrated Kenyan radio presenter, he works for Radio Jambo hosting a fascinating show dubbed “Mbusi na Lion TekeTeke”, he earns a good amount of money at the end of the month that is approximately Ksh.700,000.
The Highest-paid Journalists in Kenya 2022
- Jeff Koinange – News Anchor, Talk Show Host at CITIZEN Television, and Radio Presenter at Hot 96 FM Kenya. Jeff Koinange is the highest paid Journalist in Kenya in 2022.
• Ksh 1.4 million
2. Linus Kaikai – Director of Strategy and Innovation of Citizen TV Kenya, and Chairman of the Kenya Editors Guild KEG. He’s the 2nd richest and highest-paid Journalist in Kenya in 2022.
• Ksh 974,500
3. Joe Ageyo – Editorial Director, Royal Media Services, Kenya
• Ksh 905,500
4. Maina Kageni – Radio Show host at Classic FM Kenya. He is the highest-paid radio presenter in Kenya in 2022.
• Ksh 820,000
5. Francis Gachuri – Broadcast Journalist at Royal Media Services. Francis Gachuri is the highest-paid Political Journalist in Kenya in 2022.
• Ksh 695,000
6. Rashid Abdalla – News Anchor at Citizen TV, Royal Media Services. Rashid Abdalla is the highest and most paid Swahili news Anchor and Journalist in Kenya in 2022.
• Ksh 680,500
7. Mzazi Willy M.Tuva – Mambo Mseto Radio and TV show host and Presenter at Citizen TV Kenya. Willy Tuva is the best entertainment news journalist and presenter in Kenya in 2022.
• Ksh 600,000
8. Lulu Hassan – TV Anchor and Reporter at Citizen TV Kenya. Lulu Hassan is the most beautiful female journalist and news anchor in Royal Media Citizen TV Kenya.
9. MwanaHamisi Amadi – Swahili News Anchor at Citizen TV, Royal Media Services. Mwanahamisi Amadi is the best female Swahili news anchor and journalist in Kenya in 2022. Her experience, fluency, etiquette, personality, attitude, and many more traits render her rank the best in Kenya.
• Ksh 575,000
10. Caroline Mutoko – Marketing Manager at Radio Africa Group Limited. She comfortably sits at the top 10 list of the richest and highest-paid journalists in Kenya in 2022.
• Ksh 490,000
The Richest Journalist In Kenya 2022
A million figures reflect the goodwill pocket money for the endorsement by the Media houses and or to the journalists. It’s not easy to estimate who is the richest presently but our findings are the best so far. He is followed by Linus Kaikai and Francis Gachuri of Citizen TV.
Again, Journalists like Maina Kageni and Churchill earn more money through social media platforms by placing various firm advertisements. As a result, their total monthly earnings may hit up to KSh 900,000. That’s the definite truth.
In summary, we will list the names of the richest Journalists or presenters. Then, we will state their line of work and salary per month.
1. Victoria Rubadiri – Senior English News Anchor at Citizen Television, Royal Media Services Kenya.
• Ksh 480,500
2. Lilian Muli Kanene – News Anchor at Citizen Television, Royal Media Services. She is the most influential female journalist on social media in Kenya.
• Ksh 470,500
3. Yvonne Okwara – Senior News Anchor at Citizen Television, Royal Media Services.
• Ksh 470,500
4. Daniel Ndambuki aka Churchill – Radio Show Host at Classic 105 FM Kenya, and Comedian.
• Ksh 450,000
5. Betty Kyalo – Broadcast Journalist at Mediamax Networks Ltd. She is the second most beautiful female journalist in Kenya in 2022.
• Ksh 440,000
6. Mbusi – Radio show presenter at Radio Jambo Kenya.
• Ksh 430,000. And finally,
7. Willis Raburu – Hot 96 Radio Presenter, News Anchor as well as a TV Presenter at Citizen TV Kenya. He ranks among the top 10 to 20 richest and highest-paid journalist in Kenya in 2022.
• Ksh 430,000