On 11th April, Education CS Prof George Magoha announced the form one placement of over 1.2 million pupils who sat their KCPE exams in March this year.
Following the release of the placement results of over 1.2 million pupils who sat their KCPE exams in March this year, students can now check their selection remotely using SMS or on the Ministry of Education website.
Speaking at KICD offices in Nairobi during the official release of the placement results, he noted that the selection and placement of students in secondary schools were made through a computerized system.
CS Magoha announced that parents and candidates who sat the 2021 KCPE could check their selection remotely using SMS or on the Ministry of Education website.
How to change Form One Placement
Candidates for the 2022 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) who are dissatisfied with the secondary school they were allocated to can now request readmission to their preferred institutions.
- The parents or guardian should place a request at the school of interest where they want the kid to be transferred to
- The school will then shortlist and merit all students on the waiting list (request) list and make a decision on those they would like to observe depending on the available vacancies.
- Through the National Education management system (NEMIS http://nemis.education.go.ke/), the school shall enter the details of their selected candidates from their waiting list and request the ministry to capture them in the new school.
- Approval of school requests will be given at various levels, depending on the school’s Category. The Ministry’s Head Office, Regional Coordinators, and County Directors will provide approval for National, Extra County, and County schools, respectively.
- Once the approval has been granted, the learner will then be moved from the selection list of the first school to the latest (new) school.
- The parent/ guardian will then go online and print the admission letter for the new school.