G4S security guards are the leading global integrated security company specializing in the provision of security products, services, and solutions. The group is active in more than 110 countries and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 533,000 employees.
They specialize in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
In Africa, G4S is the largest private sector employer and largest security company, with operations in more than 30 African countries and more than 122,000 employees on the continent.
In Kenya, G4S employs more than 15,000 people and they have a presence in all major urban centers within the country.
If you want to get employed by G4S Kenya Company, you are required to meet certain criteria or qualifications for you to successfully get a job.
They also conduct patrols as ordered by the supervisor to promote safety at all times, attend security guards’ parades as required, respond to emergencies to provide necessary assistance, and ensure orderliness when on duty at all times and any other unusual happenings on a daily basis.
MUST READ: TV Actors and Actresses Salaries of Kenyan
G4S Security Guards Qualifications.
- A certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
- Teamwork abilities.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Leadership abilities.
- Must be a holder of a KCSE certificate with a minimum score of C minus.
- Well-written and spoken English.
- A certificate in first aid, firefighting, or any other relevant certificate will be an added advantage.
- Previous work experience will be an added advantage.
G4S Salary, Job Group
In Kenya, G4S security guard male employees are paid more salary compared to female employees. In general, the average salary of a G4S Kenya Employee is Ksh. 25,000 per month.
- G4S Human Resources Officer (Internship) – Average Salary: Ksh. 19,000 to 21,000 per month
- G4S Security Guard – Average Salary: Ksh. 21,000 to 25,000 per month.
- G4S Data Entry Clerk (CONTRACTOR) – Average Salary: Ksh. 24,000 to 26,000 per month.
- G4S Account Assistant – Average Salary: Ksh. 38,000 to 43,000 per month.
- G4S Cashier – Average Salary: Ksh. 200 per hour.
- G4S Credit Controller – Average Salary: Ksh. 55,000 to 65,000 per month.
- Customer Service – Average Salary: Ksh. 35,000 to 37,000 per month.
- Controller – Average Salary: Ksh. 19,000 per month.
- G4S Security Officer – Average Salary: Ksh. 24,000 to 27,000 per month.
- Courier Clerk – Average Salary: Ksh. 14,000 to 17,000 per month.
- Operation Associate – Average Salary: Ksh. 25,000 to 27,000 per month.
- G4S Accountant – Average Salary: Ksh. 140,000 to 155,000 per month.
- G4S Driver – Average Salary: Ksh. 20,000 to 27,000 per month.
G4S security guard working in Kenya usually makes approximately between 19,000 Kenyan Shillings to 25,000 Kenyan Shillings. Most of them usually earn an average of 22,000 Kenyan Shillings per month.