The job market in Kenya is constantly changing, but there are some degree courses that are always in demand. These courses are known as marketable degree courses because they lead to well-paying jobs with good prospects for career growth.
These courses are in demand because they are relevant to the needs of the Kenyan economy. For example, the healthcare industry is growing rapidly, so there is a high demand for doctors and nurses. The IT sector is also growing rapidly, so there is a high demand for IT professionals.
When choosing a degree course, it is important to consider your interests, skills, and career goals. You should also research the job market to make sure that there is a demand for the skills you will learn.
If you are interested in a marketable degree course, there are many reputable universities and colleges in Kenya that offer these programs. You can find more information about these programs by visiting the websites of the universities and colleges.
Here are the 7 top marketable degree courses to study in Kenya
- Medicine and Surgery
- This is the most marketable degree course in Kenya. It is a challenging course, but it is also very rewarding. Doctors and surgeons are in high demand in Kenya, and they can earn good salaries.
- Nursing is another healthcare-related course that is in high demand in Kenya. Nurses work in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare settings. They provide care to patients, and they also play a vital role in disease prevention and education.
- Information Technology (IT)
- IT is a rapidly growing field, and there is a high demand for IT professionals in Kenya. IT professionals can work in a variety of industries, including software development, networking, and cyber security.
- Engineering is another field that is in high demand in Kenya. Engineers work in a variety of industries, including construction, manufacturing, and energy. They design, build, and maintain infrastructure and machinery.
- Business Administration
- Business administration is a versatile degree that can lead to a variety of careers in the private sector. Business graduates can work in marketing, finance, human resources, and other business functions.
- Kenya is facing a shortage of qualified teachers. Education graduates can find jobs in both public and private schools. They can also work as curriculum developers, educational consultants, and teacher trainers.
- Agriculture is the backbone of Kenya’s economy. Agriculture graduates can work in a variety of agricultural-related fields, such as crop production, livestock management, and agricultural marketing.
These are just a few of the many marketable degree courses that are available in Kenya. When choosing a degree course, it is important to consider your interests, skills, and career goals. You should also research the job market to make sure that there is a demand for the skills you will learn.
MUST READ: Top 6 Best KUCCPS Courses Offered 2023.
Here are some additional factors to consider when choosing a degree course:
- The cost of tuition and living expenses
- The availability of scholarships and financial aid
- The reputation of the university or college
- The quality of the academic program
- The career prospects after graduation
I hope this helps!