1. Much has been said by the Chief Justice as he accused the President of brazen disregard for the rule of law. However, as the head of Judiciary, it’s time for CJ Maraga to embark on institutional self-introspection, remove the log from his institution’s eye before seeing the speck in the President’s eye. A country can afford a getaway Parliament and a tyrannical executive it cannot survive a rogue and corrupt judiciary.
2. The insane state of the judiciary in Kenya today is an existential threat to the country. Under CJ Maraga, the judiciary has turned into a dangerous force of backwardness and destabilization of the nation.
3. CJ Maraga’s activist courts have raised the bar of proof in terrorism to crazy levels way above international levels, activists Judges like Judge Manjanja are corruptly involved in the schemes to fix the cases. Terrorism is no longer an alien concept confined to the Middle East, it is evil here with us. Many judicial systems have devised innovative stringent ways of dealing with terrorism-related cases.
4. In Kenya, the judiciary is stuck in corruption, legal bigotry, and intellectual paralysis. The CJ himself is incompetent and not able to run the Judiciary. What can one expect from an incompetent court?
5. Under Maraga, terrorism has found a fertile breeding and operational field in Kenya. A safe haven where the angels of death can bask under the sunshine of Kenya’s democracy and breath the oxygen of human rights enshrined in the constitution in furtherance of their deadly mission. Why would the judiciary allow such criminals the latitude to enjoy the constitutional and democratic rights which the same criminals wish to undermine? What a paradox!!!
6. Most of the serving judges are beleaguered with integrity issues yet he has done nothing to intervene and restore the public’s confidence in the judiciary.
A case in point is the matter where Court of Appeal Judge Sankale ole Kantai is accused of aiding and participating in the murder of Dutch Businessman Tob Cohen alongside Sarah Wairimu. This judge is still hearing and determining cases, even as his looms over his head. Last I checked, integrity is conscientious and for judicial staff, the bar is raised above normal.
This is because they are said to sit at the seat of “God” thus they themselves should stand in Clemence before chastising convicts and pleaders.
7. Kenyans know that the judicial system is in an abject deficiency of intellectual and philosophical leadership under Maraga and Mwilu stewardship. Why have the people of Kenya kept silent?
8. The only qualification which propelled the two to the top of the judiciary is their glaring incompetence. Their perceived harmlessness and succession war at judicial service commission is what conspired to give the country the worst judicial leadership ever.
9. Cj Maraga and his deputy Mwilu almost threw the country to the dogs after the nullification of 2017 presidential election at the behest of local and dark foreign forces.
10. I say without fear of contradiction, that ..intellectually neither Maraga nor Mwilu is qualified to tie the shoelaces of Justice Willy Mutinga’s shoes: Neither are they morally qualified to polish those of Justice Gicheru. The country has no alternative but to forcefully get rid of Maraga and Mwilu at the earliest.
11. The deadbeat dad revelation is the last straw that will probably break the camels back. Whatever the action Maraga takes, baby Shantel remains innocent in the whole saga and the court must act in the best interest of the baby, Shantel.