There is currently no specific treatment for coronavirus (COVID-19), but you can often ease the symptoms at home until you recover.
Things to try if you’re feeling breathless
If you’re feeling breathless- Coronavirus Symptoms, it can help to keep your room cool.
Try turning the heating down or opening a window. Do not use a fan as it may spread the virus.
You could also try:
- breathing slowly in through your nose and out through your mouth, with your lips together like you’re gently blowing out a candle
- sitting upright in a chair
- relaxing your shoulders, so you’re not hunched
- leaning forward slightly – support yourself by putting your hands on your knees or on something stable like a chair
If you have a cough, it’s best to avoid lying on your back. Lie on your side or sit upright instead.
To help ease a cough, try having a teaspoon of honey. But do not give honey to babies under 12 months.
If this does not help, you could contact a pharmacist for advice about cough treatments. If you or someone you live with has coronavirus symptoms, you must all stay at home. Try calling or contacting the pharmacy online instead.
Treating a high temperature
If you have a Coronavirus Symptoms– high temperature, it can help to:
- get lots of rest
- drink plenty of fluids (water is best) to avoid dehydration – drink enough so your pee is light yellow and clear
- take paracetamol or ibuprofen if you feel uncomfortable