In the Kenyan structure of governance, the president is the topmost government official and the powers keep on being eliminated to lower individuals until they reach the chiefs who is an administrator in a specific location in Kenya who helps in government activities at the grassroots.
To become a chiefs, one is required to satisfy the following requirements;
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
2. Be a resident in the area of administration;
3. Chiefs, Must have attained the age of 35 years and above;
4. Possession a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with a mean grade of C (plain);
5. Should have worked in the public service for at least a minimum of five years;
6. Have a certificate in Public Administration/Management/Social Work/Community Development/Teaching /Disaster management or its equivalent from a recognized university or Kenyan institution;
7. Be a person of integrity with good communication skills.
The chiefs take home a monthly salary of between Ksh 30,000 to 70,000.