In this post, you are going to learn how you can get a Mpesa Paybill/Buy Goods number in Kenya. Paybill Number is a cash collection service that allows your organization to collect money on a regular basis from your customers through MPESA or to collect funds in case you are fundraising for something.
Here are the requirements you must meet before getting a paybill number.
1) PAYBILL NUMBER SOLE PROPRIETOR
1. Duly filled and signed application form & Terms and condition
2. Signed Tariff Guide
3. Copy of Business Registration/or Business Permit
4. Individual or company KRA Pin.
5. Copy of Identification Documents of Persons Opening the account I .e.Copy of the National ID/ Military Service Number (Passport/Alien Certificate for Foreign Nationals).
6. Copy of Utility Bill or Business Photo to confirm existence of the Business
7. Cancelled cheque or letter from Bank confirming Bank details
2) PAYBILL NUMBER LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
1. Duly filled and signed application form &Terms and conditions
2. Signed Tariff Guide
3. A stamped copy of the certificate of incorporation
4. Original stamped /or company sealed Board Resolution on company letter head signed by at least two directors within 30 days stating:
- Authority to open a paybill account or Transact business on behalf of the company
- Appointed persons having signatory authority and provide copies of their identification documents
- Bank details
5. KRA pin certificate ( for company and Directors)
6. Copy of CR12 –WITH VALIDITY PERIOD OF 30 DAYS/or Annual Returns with filing receipt
7. Copy of Utility Bill or Business Photo to confirm existence of the Business
8. Copy of Identification Documents of Persons Opening the account i.e .Copy of the National ID/ Military Service Number (Passport/Alien Certificate for
9. Cancelled cheque or letter from Bank confirming Bank details
After meeting all the above requirements, you can now go forward and fill this FORM and return it to the ENTERPRISE UNIT, SAFARICOM HOUSE – Waiyaki Way or your Bank if they support Registration of Paybill Number in Kenya
It takes 2 weeks to process a paybill application and 48 hrs for short term paybill application.
Key Benefits of PayBill Service
- Real time settlement
- Low cost
- Easy reconciliation
Major Uses of the PayBill Service
- Utility bills – water, power, Pay TV.
- Rent payments – Lipa Kodi
- School fees payments – Lipa Karo
- Bank/SACCO account deposits
- Statutory payments – NHIF, NSSF, KRA
- Top up of prepaid cards – fuel cards, debit cards e.g. Nakumatt Global.