Numerous social media users have shared a claim that former Prime Minister and opposition chief Raila Odinga was yesterday flown to China for cancer treatment.
According to the claim, Mr. Odinga was accompanied by his daughter Winnie Odinga and a male aide to China. Many others have also circulated a letter alleging to give clarification on the claim.”…
Raila Odinga complained of chest pains and an increased eyesore (sic) on the evening of 21st June 2020. His personal doctor was called and he was diagnosed (sic).
After further diagnosis, it was decided that he be airlifted to China where his other personal doctor stays,” the letter, carrying the logo of the orange party, read.
But, according to Former State House Employee Dennis Itumbi #SystemYaFacts – Raila Odinga is Sick
1. He flew to Abu Dhabi aboard a chartered commercial flight. 5YPAA – Cessna 680
2. The flight took off from Wilson.
3. The Manifest, now in my hands, shows he was accompanied by the daughter, A renowned Neurosurgeon, a Personal Assistant and a bodyguard.
4. He arrived at Wilson in a small car as a camouflage of his exit.
5. The recent Covid test that was highly publicized was to enable the travel. The results are attached to the manifest. Covid Results of all aboard are also attached.
6. The flight costs, because he is a National Leader, were paid by you and me.
7. He is currently in Abu Dhabi. Why? Abu Dhabi has announced that starting tomorrow it will open up the airspace for international departures and arrivals.
8. The next flight – will connect him to the medical mission. Details will be shared right here if need be.
9. I wish Raila Odinga quick recovery
10. Why am I sharing a health matter? Because Raila Odinga has repeatedly told us that health matters are NOT a secret. Secondly, Raila Odinga, on his Facebook page, told the Country he was in DRC, an outright Lie. I rest.
Edwin Sifuna denied the allegation and said: that Mr. Odinga was in stable condition and responding well to treatment.”He is even scheduled to attend to some of his duties via video conference.””We urge Kenyans to remain calm as the situation is under control.
The Kenyan Government is fully handling the matter and another brief will be given by Government spokesperson in due course.”The letter appears to have been signed by ODM SecretaryGeneral Edward Sifuna.
‘Work of sick people’
Also, ODM Director of Communication Philip Etale has dismissed the claim as fake news, saying it was the work of “sick people who have run out of ideas.
“Etale said Mr. Odinga was in Kinshasa, DRC in his capacity as the AU High Representative for Infrastructure Development in Africa for the virtual Pan African Conference on the Grand Inga Dam.
“The project aims to unlock the world’s largest hydropower scheme in Africa,” Etale said on Twitter.Mr. Odinga also posted on the same, with many questioning why he had to travel Kinshasa, some 3,655.7 km away, for a virtual conference.