Gatundu South Member of parliament Hon Moses Kuria has finally found a reason to smile and perhaps finally support the Building Bridges Initiative BBI drive.
Kuria was making his statement ahead of the BBI signature launch scheduled for Wednesday.
According to Kuria majority of contentious issues which had been raised had been sorted and the final BBI report is now good for Kenyans.
MP Kuria who is an ardent supporter of deputy president Dr. William Samoei Ruto listed some of the amendments that were made on the final BBI report launched at Bomas of Kenya.
The proposal to have political parties nominate IEBC officials and the appointment of the Ombudsman by the president were among the main issues relooked at.
Here is Moses Kuria’s list of BBI amended issues;
- IEBC Commissioners to be appointed by a selection panel, not political parties
- Judiciary Ombudsman to be appointed by Chief Justice not the President
- Judiciary Fund to be allocated 1.5% of National Revenue as a First Charge to the Consolidated Fund
- Moses Kuria with DP Ruto courtesy Facebook
- National Police Service Commission retained and National Police Council abolished
- National Government Constituency Development Fund entrenched in the constitution
- No requirement for Governors to pick a running mate of the opposite gender
- The term limit for governors removed
- Ward Development Fund increased from 5% to 15%
- The requirement for MCAs to have degrees scrapped
- Senate to have the exclusive decision over the County Allocation of Revenue Act (CARA)
- Stabilization Funds for Coffee, Tea, Milk, Rice, Horticulture, and Sugar entrenchment in the constitution.