How to trace your stolen or missing phone by yourself.
If you ever have gone through the trauma of looking for a missing phone you will understand how difficult it is, looking for a missing or stolen phone comes with a lot of questions running through your mind. Like where could it be? Where did I drop it last? Who was the last person to touch? Should I report to the people?
Don’t Worry if you lose your mobile phone, you can trace it without going to the police.
Most of us always fear that our phones may be stolen at any time please relax and go through this article.
Each phone carries a unique IMEI no
IMEI no. i.e. International Mobile Equipment Identity No which can be used to track it anywhere in the world.
It is always written at the back of your phone pack(carton) but if you don’t have the pack of your phone don’t worry there is another way out.
This is how it works:
1. Dial *#06# from your mobile phone.
2. Your mobile phone shows a 15 digit.
3. Note down this number at a secure place except in your mobile phone itself as this is the number which will help trace your phone in case of theft.
4. Once stolen, just E-mail this 15 digit IMEI No. to firstname.lastname@example.org with details as stated below:
- Your name:____________________
3. Phone model:_________________
5. Last used No.:_________________
7. E-mail for communication:_____
8. Missed date:___________________
9. IMEI No :_______________________
5. Your Mobile phone will be traced within the next 24 hours via a complex system of GPRS and internet, You will find where your mobile phone is being operated and the new user’s No. will be sent to your email easy right.
6. After this, you can inform the Police with the details you now have.
Please endeavor to save your IMEI no at a secured place except from your mobile phone.