NairobiminiBloggers Interview with Lindah Kiyeng, an entrepreneur, Public Relation Guru, and Journalist who started working her first job at 21yrs in a radio station.
Since then she has gone on to establish herself as a PR and media mogul with her Public Relation firm Lindah Kiyeng Communications and her tv show Life With Lindah Kiyeng that airs every week in Kenya. We sat down with her to learn more as she opens up about her life and work.
1. Who is Lindah Kiyeng?
My name is Lindah Kiyeng. I am a 28 years old entrepreneur, entertainer, and public relations practitioner based in Nairobi, Kenya. My company is called Lindah Kiyeng Communications
2. How would you describe your personality?
I would describe myself as outgoing, fun and creative
3. You started your business in 2017 how has the experience been so far?
It has been fun but for the four years we have been in business we have been setting the foundation
4. What gives you fulfillment in your line of work?
The fact that I am fulfilling my purpose and doing what I love the most in life
5. You currently have three strong businesses how do you handle them all?
It’s not easy but it helps greatly that they are things that I’m naturally good at.
6. What are some of the challenges you’ve faced along the way?
I can say that I have had to prove a lot of naysayers wrong and I have had to work really hard to prove to myself and others that it my dreams are valid and that I can do it.
7. How did you manage to be the best in your field?
A lot of hard work, consistency and wise financial choices
8. What is your plan for all your businesses?
I plan on expanding and making all my businesses global. I plan on opening up a branch in every continent
9. What can you say is the secret the running successful businesses?
Always hire people who are smarter than you and do stuff you are naturally good at.
10. If you weren’t into journalism and PR what would you be doing?
I would be a music producer or a teacher
11. What can you say has been the biggest contributor of your success?
The courage to follow my dreams
12. What do you wish you knew when you started out?
That I could do it. That I was strong and brave enough to do it.
13. You are widely known for your natural leadership abilities. What can you say lead you to being a phenomenal leader?
I can say it’s trusting my gut and my instincts.
14. How would you describe your leadership style?
I can say I’m very diplomatic and democratic
15. You seem to be very busy. When do you get time to relax?
I often relax during the weekends and spend it with my daughter Leilani Bett
16. How can you say being a mother changed you?
I can say it made me softer, more gentle, compassionate and caring towards others.
17. What examples do you wish to set for your daughter as a mum and an entrepreneur?
I want to show her that it’s possible for her dreams to come true and she shouldn’t be scared to follow her dreams
18. Would you wish for your daughter to be an entrepreneur one day?
If it’s the path that she will chose I will support her to the fullest
19. What message do you have for those who wish to follow in your footsteps?
Love what you do and never pay attention to the naysayers. Focus on your dreams and drown out the noise.
20. If people wish to reach out to you how can they?