Yes, you can pay Netflix with PayPal as a payment method. To set up PayPal as your payment option for Netflix, follow these steps:
- Visit the Netflix website (www.netflix.com) and sign in to your account.
- Go to your account settings by clicking on your profile icon in the top right corner and selecting “Account” from the dropdown menu.
- In the Account section, select “Update payment info.”
- You will be directed to a page where you can update your payment information. Click on the “Payment Methods” tab.
- Under the payment methods, select “Add a payment method” and choose “PayPal” from the options.
- You will be redirected to the PayPal website to sign in and authorize the payment.
- Once you’ve successfully linked your PayPal account, it will be listed as a payment option for your Netflix account. And now you will be able to pay Netflix with PayPal
Netflix subscribers in Kenya have to pay subscription charges for their preferred packages. The packages include; Mobile package for Ksh 200 monthly, Basic Package for Kshs 300 monthly, Standard Package for Kshs 700, and Premium Package for Kshs 1,100 per month.
How to pay for Netflix with Mpesa
Mpesa is undoubtedly the most preferred means of payment in Kenya. However, Netflix only allows payments via Credit/Debit card. Despite that, there is a simple trick that you can use to pay for your subscription using Mpesa, as long as you have a PayPal account that is linked with Mpesa.
MUST READ: How To Get Mpesa Visa Card
There is no direct mode of payment using Mpesa (Lipa na Mpesa). That’s why you have to use your PayPal account.
- Create a PayPal account if you don’t have one. It is a simple process that can be done through the official PayPal website. You can log in to your account if you already have one.
- Link your PayPal account to your Mpesa by following the steps outlined on the Paypal Money service website.
- Transfer the preferred amount (preferred package) to your PayPal account.
- Simply go to your Mpesa and select the Lipa na Mpesa option.
- Use Pay Bill number 800088. Enter your Mpesa number as your account number and proceed to complete the transaction.
- Go back to your Netflix account and log in.
- Update your Netflix payment information.
- Choose PayPal then follow the instructions as will be shown.
- Click on ‘Agree & Continue’ to finish the payment update process.
- Once the update is accepted, funds will automatically be deducted from your PayPal account, depending on your preferred package or the package that you chose.
From that point onward, Netflix will use your PayPal account for billing and deduct the subscription fee accordingly. Remember to ensure that your PayPal account has sufficient funds or a linked payment method to cover the Netflix subscription cost.