A passport is a legal document, issued by governments worldwide to certify proof of identity and citizenship. It is meant to confirm your identity when you visit another country.
Then go to the Department of immigration services and click on the passport application form. Follow the rest of the procedure to apply for a Kenyan passport.
How long does it take to get a Kenyan passport?
It should take at least 10 working days to get your first passport once your form has been physically submitted at the Immigration offices.
For all other application types, it should take at least 5 working days. It can take longer if more information is needed or your application hasn’t been filled out correctly.
Requirements for Kenyan Passport Application.
1. An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three receipts.
2. Original birth certificate and photocopy.
3. Original National ID Card & copy.
4. Three Current passport size photos.
5. Recommender’s ID Card copy.
6. Consent letter for minors.
7. Old passport for replacement.
8. Parents National ID cards and copy.
Types of Kenyan passports and there Processing Fees
|PASSPORT TYPE||Fee (Kshs)|
|32 Pages Ordinary “A” Series||Kshs. 4,550|
|48 pages Ordinary “B” Series||Kshs. 6,050|
|64 Pages Ordinary “C” Series||Kshs. 7,550|
|East African Passport||Kshs. 990|
|Diplomatic passport (48 page)||Kshs 7,550|
|Mutilated Passport||Kshs 10,050|
|Lost Passport||Kshs 12,050|