Forward matatus are matatu’s that usually operate in various routes in Nairobi. The matatus are usually identified by their green color that is written “Forward Travelers Matatu“.
All the the Forward Travelers Matatu’s have many things in common.
Below are the 5 things that you will come across when you board the Forward Travelers Matatu;
1. Very Loud music– Expect very loud music while inside this matatu. The music is usually very loud to a point where you cannot communicate with your colleague.
2. Excess Passengers– When you board these matatu’s expect excess passengers who are always allowed to stand.
3. Short cut routes– the matatu drivers usually find alternative routes to ensure their passengers reach their destination on time. But this is usually not the case since they also find traffic jams in the shortcuts.
4. Overlapping– the matatu‘s usually change lanes when there is a traffic jam.
5. Bumps and over Speeding– Hold steady, fasten your safety belt very well because you might end outside the moving vehicle or hit the roof of the matatu using your head.
Do not use your phone while inside Forward Matatu since you might end up throwing it outside.