Can I file KRA Nil returns using my phone? The short answer to this question is Yes you can. To File KRA Nil returns using your phone, visit the google play store and download the iTax App. Once you have downloaded the app, it all show you in a couple of minutes how to file zero or nil returns with your phone.
Please note that there have been some issues concerning the app’s functionality. So I tried installing the app myself and surely the iTax App has a problém. The app doesn’t go past login. It freezes then crashes every time you try to log in. It’s totally impossible to log in.
If you experience the same issue I advise you to file your nil/zero returns using the iTax web portal. But if you experience no issues, here is how you file nil returns using your phone.
- Download the iTax app on the google play store.
- Open the app and log in using your KRA pin number and password.
- Once you’re logged in, click on file nil return.
- Then select income tax, residence individual. Your details will be automatically populated. The return period is always from first January to 31st December. If all the rest of the details are ok, Submit.
- A popup message will appear. Click OK to confirm.
- And that’s how you file your KRA Nil returns using your phone. One last thing.
Who should file Nil returns?
If you have a KRA pin but you are unemployed or a student or you have no transaction to declare for that period, then you should file nil returns.