1. Senator Abraham Kithure Kindiki. has nine siblings and all of them have attained at least a Master’s degree and are working on their PhDs. His four brothers are all professors while the other four are on their way to professorial status
2. Kithure Kindiki it married his lovely wife Joyce Gatiira Njagi – Kithure. The couple tied the knot in early 2001 and together they are blessed with two children. According to her profile at the University of Nairobi Website, Joyce Kithure is a lecturer and a senior research scientist at the Department of Chemistry.
3. During the swearing-in of Tharaka Nithi Governor-elect Muthomi Njuki, Prof Kithure Kindiki remarked he will be William Ruto’s running mate in 2022. “On December 9, 2017, Kenya will be addressed from Mukothima village and this is when we will officially start the journey to State House with Mr. Ruto,” he said as quoted by Daily Nation.
“As I said during my campaign trail, I will not come to you again seeking county leadership since I am headed to Nairobi to fight for State House,” observed the Senator. We wait to see these pronouncements come to light after he was kicked out of the Senate leadership.
4. Prof Kithure Kindiki had scored Grade C from Lenana High School, failed to meet the university pass mark, and decided to repeat at Tharaka B, closer home.
5. Prof Kithure Kindiki holds a very sensitive position and how he has been behaving, including his decisions while presiding over the House sessions, shows that he is 100 percent Tanga Tanga. If Uhuru was looking for allies to work with, I doubt Kindiki would be one of them.
For instance, Kindiki, following a motion by Murkomen, ordered an investigation into the President’s conduct in the take-over process and gave the matter to the Devolution and Justice and Legal Affairs committees which, are chaired by Senators Joseph Kinyua (Laikipia) and Samson Cherargei (Nandi), both Ruto surrogates.
6. He was a member of the flamboyant “Sky Team” which comprised Murkomen, who was then his deputy, Kikuyu MP Kimani Ichung’wa, and Moses Kuria, which crisscrossed the country in choppers to campaign for Jubilee and market Ruto as Uhuru’s successor.
7. In 2011, William Ruto enjoined Prof Kithure Kindiki as one of his Lawyers for his ICC cases. This catapulted Kindiki to the political limelight and national fame because of the publicity the case attracted.
8. Prof Kithure Kindiki together with his wife used their positions to defraud a sick man off his property. They were sued by Peter Muriithi who in 2015 sold his piece of land to the couple’s company, Intercity Group Ltd, but was only paid Ksh 17.1 million instead of the initially agreed figure of Ksh21 million.
Mr. Muriithi states that he had sold the 20-acre land to raise money for medical treatment for heart and diabetes, which has since resulted in the amputation of his left leg. The lawmaker’s company was ordered to pay him the balance within 90 days in 2017 but they defaulted the order.
9. Prof Kithure Kindiki who is known for his love for anything in the skirt – according to our mole – is suspected to have put in a family way a close relative who he was dating secretly. His wife, with a bountiful Meru’s rage, is said to have gotten the wind and thus has forced the poor relative to be ‘exiled’ elsewhere out of the eyes of the wife who is known not to forgive anyone who dares step on her matrimonial territory.
10. While jumping high in celebration, it never occurred to Prof Kithure Kindiki that the carpet under his feet had been removed and that the tide had changed. When he imagined that the same template would be used to install Ruto come 2022, the powers that be were reading from another script altogether.
The shock that he was an insider kumbe he was just a mere spectator was thus too much for him. He has just discovered that Kenya iko na wenyewe – CJ maraga.
11. Recently social media was abuzz with reactions from all walks of life after the 2022 Ruto sure-bet Deputy and Senator for Tharaka Nithi Prof Kithure Kindiki’s pictures emerged online while participating in plastering classrooms with mud in a community charity event. Kindiki was captured mixing mud in Tharaka Constituency.