Before Chefs Salary In Kenya; Catering is the provision of food and drinks at a gathering or social event. As you know food has always been a basic need. In every event, be it a wedding or a funeral food is very essential.
Nowadays people don’t prefer local foods. People are always after classy food right? And here is where catering plays a big role.
You may be interested in knowing How much does catering pay in Kenya. Catering and Chef salaries in Kenya range from Ksh. 37,000 Ksh. 280,000 per month. This is an overview of a catering staff salary in Kenya.
Chef Qualifications In Kenya
- Experience-varies from hotel to hotel but mostly 5 years and above.
- Diploma in Food Production or its equivalent from a recognized institution. A degree will be an added advantage.
- Skilled in a la carte Production
- A good understanding of HACCP processes.
- Strong, effective leadership and management skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making ability.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on priorities.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner
Chefs Salary In Kenya
How much are chefs paid in Kenya? A highly skilled chef earns an average of Ksh. 105,000 per month.
Private Chefs Salary In Kenya
A private chef’s salary in Kenya is an average of Ksh. 277,000.
Cook Salary In Kenya
Cooks play a role in preparing food for consumption in places such as restaurants or food industries. Cook salary in Kenya varies according to a variety of factors.
So, how much are cooks paid? Cook salary in Kenya ranges from Ksh. 39,000 to Ksh.127,000.
Food and Beverage Salary
Food and Beverage Salary in Kenya are Ksh.98,000 per month.
Qualifications Of A Chef In Kenya
In the world we are living in, one must meet certain qualifications for a certain job. This is to ensure that as the job is conducted there are very minimal errors.
Some of the qualifications of a chef in Kenya may include:
1. Certificate or Degree or Diploma in Food Production.
2. Three years minimum kitchen management experience.
3. Disciplined, consistent & professional.
4. Team player + leader + motivator.
5. Able to manage kitchen costs.
6. Passion & ability to come up with exciting dishes.
7. Very detail-oriented with an eye for quality.
However, some lucky individuals may not have higher learning but are great chefs since they have mastered the skill of food production. Such persons also earn good salaries.
Best Paying Restaurants In Kenya
Here are some of the best paying restaurants in Kenya;
- The Lord Errol
- Fairmount Hotel
- Tribe Hotel
Colleges Offering Catering Courses in Kenya
Kenya Utalii College
Main campus location: Off Thika Road P.O. BOX 31052-00600 Nairobi Telephone numbers: +254 733 600 584, +254 722 205 492, + 254 722 205 491 Email: [email protected]
International Hotel and Tourism Institute
P. O. Box 43111 – 00100 Nairobi
Phone numbers: 0728 787 088, +254 711 129 610
Email address: [email protected]
Top Chefs Culinary Institute Top Chefs
Contacts Location: 5th Floor Parklands Plaza, Muthithi Road, Westlands P.O. BOX 740 – 00606 Telephone numbers:+254 020 3740166, +254-700691427
Email: [email protected]
That is all about catering and salaries. I think you now have the knowledge right?