E-commerce is the booming market and Shopify is the go-to platform for every entrepreneur. You can take the charge into your hands and can hire an expert to lead your business journey. Follow the article to get briefs of the things you should know before hiring a Shopify developer for your brand.
Retail e-commerce in the worldwide market is expected to hit the target of $4.9Trillion by 2021, as researched by Statista. And, Shopify is anticipated to take account of the retail sales of $4878 Billion by 2021.
If you are also the one diving in the sea of e-commerce business, you need much more than a web presence. An online store can showcase your products and services but you can’t simply rely upon it. You need to explore more and with more of the research comes the additional responsibilities as well.
Obviously, there should be a way to reduce your trouble and streamline the work processes. When you have the will there is the way. Shopify is one of the leading e-commerce platform Shopify developers that can guide you through the process. It has a simple and easy UI/UX design that offers you the opportunity to get a magnificent online store ready to serve your business. But, when you are planning to grow your business you need an expert to take care of it.
To hire Shopify developers you can either Google it directly; connect with an e-commerce development company or look for freelancers. The choice is absolutely yours, and it depends upon the terms you are looking for. If you just want a ready store just for one, hire a freelancer for your business. In case, you want to hire the skillful Shopify developers to manage your store throughout your journey, you can better hire a dedicated resource.
It’s always tough to find the best. During this talent hunt, you gonna find many people who claim to be the best. But hiring Shopify developers is quite tricky, the reason being that e-commerce developers are pro in their job.
Here are certain things you should know before you hire a Shopify developer to customize your online store.
- Hire the certified Shopify developers: It can be a wrong thing to say that only certified are the best, but if you don’t have any idea about the techno minds, better to rely on the certificates. A certified resource will be having all the Shopify Developer skills you are looking for. This enhances your chances of finding the best talent for your new venture and can act as a filter to sort your options.
- Check the portfolio: It’s a well known saying that action speaks louder than words. Likewise, a portfolio speaks for the developers and explains to you about their previous work experience. Based on the portfolio you can judge the creativity of the resource you are hiring. You can further communicate your idea to him to check if he/she is open to taking on new challenges or is comfortable with monotonous work profiles only.
- Reviews: Even if you are checking out their portfolio or finding them on some freelance hiring sites, it’s important to know how they are reviewed by others. When it comes to the freelance platforms, the resource could be reviewed, only once hired. So, this proves the credibility of your Shopify developers. Don’t be extremely judgemental. Keep an eye on the negative reviews as well, a firm reply to the negative review explains if the Shopify expert you are hiring is tricky enough to tackle difficult or negative situations as well. In a way, you can consider that the portfolio reflects the personality of the person.
- Post-deployment Services: You may want your developer forever, but see if they are available for you. If you face any issue with the backend after the deployment of services, check if they are available to guide you through the same. If you are hiring an e-commerce development company or a dedicated team of e-commerce specialists, they may offer you complementary post-deployment services. But, in the case of freelancers there ain’t any chances for it. Also, check if there is an additional cost involved
- Budget to finalize: Before you move ahead with the plan and hiring Shopify developers, it is extremely important to check your budget. Also, list down the functionalities you are looking for; to add to your e-commerce store. This will help you decide the tenure for which you are looking for the resource.
Let me assure you that the hiring process gonna be really tedious. But, it’s worth making an effort; as everything for your business will be sorted later.
In addition, when hiring an e-commerce development company you can also look for a Shopify marketing expert who can guide you through the trending marketing tactics to raise your sales and make you interact with real business leads.