Beatrice Elachi Greediness Revealed: Moves To Court Seeking Sonko’s Job.

Nairobi mini Bloggers

Beatrice Elachi, the Nairobi Speaker, has asked the court to allow her to assume gubernatorial roles.

In a report published by the Daily Nation, Elachi argued that the absence of Governor Mike Sonko has created a constitutional crisis at City Hall.

The unprecedented decision by the speaker follows threats voiced by ODM MCAs to impeach the governor as the first order of business when the assembly resumes sittings on Tuesday, February, 11.

Beatrice Elachi
Beatrice Elachi

These plans were revealed by assembly minority whip, Peter Imwatok, who said that the motion was ready and had already gotten the required signatures from MCAs.

“We know clearly that Maina Kamanda spoke loud and clear… It is very clear to all Kenyans that Nairobi has a problem that ought to be sorted out in the Kiambu style. And there is no shortcut,” warned Imwatok.

Elachi’s decision to seek to take over from Sonko reinforce claims as reported by The Standard on December 15, 2019, that the Jubilee Party was planning to replace him for good.

Beatrice Elachi
Beatrice Elachi

The Nairobi City County drama continued to unfold on Wednesday, February 5, as both the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) and the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) launched fresh probes on the appointments and conduct of officials in Nairobi County.

A report published by the Capital FM on Wednesday, February 5, indicated that DCI boss George Kinoti said investigations of corrupt and unethical appointments of the county officials were underway even as the EACC summoned 14 officials.

The anti-corruption agency is looking into the procedure implemented by the governor to nominate Ann Mwendwa, currently serving as Chief Officer in Disaster Management as Sonko’s deputy.

ANOTHER GREAT ARTICLE:  RIGHT TO REPLY TO DAILY NATION, "SONKO'S CASE HAS LEFT MORE THAN A THOUSAND FAMILIES JOBLESS AND HUNGRY."

Governor Sonko remains out of office and is facing corruption charges involving a Ksh. 357 Million scandal.

Mike Sonko
Mike Sonko

His day went from bad to worse on February 6. He lost an application to the courts for the release of his travel documents. This, therefore, means he cannot travel to the United Arab Emirates as initially planned.

Chief Magistrate Douglas Ogoti rejected the application, saying the governor could end up abusing office against the court’s orders.

He was initially scheduled to travel to the UAE to attend the 10th session of the World Urban Forum that is set to commence from Saturday, February 8 to Thursday, February 13.

Facebook Comments

You Missed This...