Alice Muthoni Wahome is a Kenyan politician. Wahome won the seat as Member of Parliament for the Kandara Constituency when she was elected in the March 2013 general elections and was born in 1965. Alice Muthoni Wahome has publicly supported health initiatives. Alice Muthoni Wahome attended the University of Nairobi.
1. Alice Muthoni was born in 1959 and brought up in Kandara in a polygamous family. She is married and has four children, three girls, and a boy. Her firstborn is in Media, the second born a doctor, the third one a practicing lawyer and the boy is in university doing law. Her husband is a medical doctor, specifically a gynecologist who enjoys shopping while not busy with ‘women businesses’.
2. Ms. Kandara went to Karumu Primary School and Bishop Gatimu Ngandu Girls High school. She also attended Siakago High school and graduated from the University of Nairobi with a Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
3. Alice Muthoni Wahome is one of 16 women who were elected as a constituency MP in 2013, against 274 men. She is variously described as a human rights defender, hardliner, irredeemably vindictive, and even a hater by those who closely interact with her.
4. On the eve of TNA nominations in 2013, more than half of her polling stations were strewn with condoms marked with her name, as a gift from her asking the constituents to ensure that they do family planning.
5. A Returning officer at a polling station in Kandara, Martin Malonza says he lost money amounting to an estimated Sh15, 000 in the hands of MP Alice Wahome.
6. Alice Muthoni Wahome is as corrupt as it gets. Eddah Wanjiru Mbiyu, one of the four wives of Mbiyu Koinange places Alice Wahome among four fraudulent lawyers, who went against a High Court decision, and forged documentation, which allowed for the illegal transfer of over 284 Million shillings, meant to settle off all the debts on the estate.
The letter suggests that the current vocal MP, received a whopping 18 million shillings, followed by another 15 million shillings after engaging in ‘forgery of court documents’, to justify the movement of the funds.
7. In 2016, Murang’ a polices “launched a manhunt” for the MP for allegedly using her position to block traffic officers from inspecting unroadworthy vehicles. That long search ended in March 2017 after she presented herself before a magistrate’s court.
8. Between 1999 and 2001 she was deeply involved in the Women Movement and in the same period joined the Fida council as the vice-chairperson. She also served as a Law Society of Kenya council member for two years.
9. Ms. Alice Muthoni Wahome was the ring leader of parliamentarians who shot down Monica Juma’s nomination for the position of cabinet secretary in 2013. Alice comes from the same village as Monica Juma’s husband Prof Kagwanja who is a university lecturer and was an advisor to President Mwai Kibaki’s government.
Out of jealousy and malice, Alice Muthoni Wahome mobilized MPs from Mt Kenya into shooting down the nomination which cost Monica the position. They dare President Uhuru to nominate her again and they would still shoot down the nomination. He did and Monica Juma is now among the most powerful CS in Uhuru’s government.
10. Her involvement with a younger legislator has caused a strain on her marriage and she no longer lives in her matrimonial home with her husband.
Alice Muthoni Wahome only visits occasionally when the children are around for family dinners and meetings. She has since bought a four-bedroomed house in the leafy suburbs of Kiambu, through Kencom Sacco Homes near Paradise lost, at the tune of a 70million.