An Administration Police Commandant is a high-ranking officer in the Administration Police Service in Kenya. They are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Administration Police within their jurisdiction and ensuring that their units are meeting the goals and objectives set by the government.
The duties and responsibilities of an Administration Police Commandant may include:
- Overall command and control of the Administration Police within their jurisdiction
- Implementing policies, plans, and programs for the Administration Police Service
- Ensuring the effective use of resources and personnel
- Planning and coordinating security operations within their area of responsibility
- Ensuring the professional development and training of AP officers under their command
- Collaborating with other law enforcement agencies to promote effective security operations
- Maintaining effective communication with the public and other stakeholders
- Conducting regular assessments of security risks and making appropriate recommendations to enhance security operations
- Investigating and addressing complaints or allegations of misconduct by AP officers under their command
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and policies.
In addition to these duties, an Administration Police Commandant may be required to perform other duties as assigned by their superiors. They must have strong leadership skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Administration Police Commandant salary in Kenya
The salary of an Administration Police Commandant in Kenya varies based on their rank and years of service. Here is a breakdown of the expected monthly gross salary for AP Commandants in Kenya as of 2023:
- Senior Assistant Commissioner of Police – Ksh 187,890
- Assistant Commissioner of Police – Ksh 130,590
- Senior Superintendent of Police – Ksh 153,435
- Superintendent of Police – Ksh 130,590
- Chief Inspector of Police – Ksh 109,089
- Senior Inspector of Police – Ksh 102,210
- Inspector of Police – Ksh 89,970
It’s important to note that these figures are subject to change and may vary based on other factors such as allowances and deductions.