1. Major Rtd John Ayabei Seii is the chairman of Kalenjin Council of Elders and deputy chair of the National Council of Elders. Currently, Major (Rtd) Seii is the coordinator of the Myoot Council of Elders and the chairman of the Uasin Gishu Peace Forum
2. He is a former army major. Major Rtd John Ayabei Seii, in an interview with Citizen TV in February 2011, said he was unfairly sacked from the military in 1983 during the Daniel Moi administration. He blamed his tribulations on former powerful Cabinet Minister Nicholas Biwott.
3. Major Rtd John Ayabei Seii has been a notable figure in peacebuilding activities in the North Rift region, especially after the 2007 post-election violence. However his involvement in peacebuilding begun as far as during the 1992 tribal skirmishes.
4. Major Rtd John Ayabei Seii is a close confidant of Deputy President William Ruto; he was Ruto’s biggest mole in the BBI Taskforce. He was selected by DP to join the Wazees at the BBI and at the right time to discredit the entire process. His daughter, Jerotich Seii of famously #SwithcOffKPLC movement, who is an activist and development consultant, has been a key voice against the BBI.
5. Besides Jerotich, Seii has other four children — Victor, Philemon, Chichi, and Dr Mercy Seii.
6. Major Rtd John Ayabei Seii is married to Ambassador Tabitha Seii. At the time of his sacking, she had declared her interest in wrestling the Keiyo South MP seat from Biwott. She served as Kenya’s Ambassador to South Africa between 2003 and 2007. According to Mrs. Seii, her husband was dismissed “for failing to control his wife.”
7. Amb. Tabitha Seii was born in Kerio Valley, went to Kapsabet Girls Secondary School for her “O” Levels and Alliance Girls High School for her “A” Level
8. John Seii was caught more than twice secretly taking photos of sections of the preliminary BBI report and during the two-year traveling across the country, Seii claimed to be constantly receiving pressure from DP Ruto’s Tanga Tanga faction making him ask for security from the secretariat.
9. Major Seii is a DISHONORABLE man! Alleged, He accepted 400 acres of land offered by DP Ruto in exchange for sabotaging the BBI report.
10. In the August 8 general elections, he is widely remembered for pushing for the sharing of top Uasin Gishu county positions amongst the three regions, a proposal that was perceived to be Pro-Governor Mandago who was facing stiff competition from billionaire business mogul Zedekiah Bundotich popularly known as Buzeki. He was paid handsomely and silently so.